Saturday, October 2, 2010

Mayan Chocolate Cupcakes with Cocoa Cinnamon Buttercreme


When I first saw chocolate with chilies in it I was like.....whaaaaaaaat?! Who the heck eats chocolate with chilies in it? ..... apparently the Mayans did. Yes yes I knew that just at the moment had forgotten about the long arduous history classes I've had to take to complete my degree.

So anyhow, once again I got this recipe from gimmesomeoven and tweaked it a bit. Yes this chocolate cupcake has a bite, a sting, a kick, whatever you want to call it. But the cool creamy buttercreme mixes so well with the heated chocolate. Although it all tasted good together (hello? it's chocolate!) I was not a huge fan of the cocoa cinnamon buttercreme ONLY because it tasted more to me like a royal icing than a buttercreme. So next time I will tweak the buttercreme a but more and hope to get a more buttercreme texture out of it.

The little white flakes you see in the photo is sea salt. I didn't have any really coarse sea salt and wish I had since....believe it or not.....this added immensely to the cupcake. Since I was skeptical, I didn't go out and buy coarse sea salt in case it failed taste wise to me. But alas, I was wrong. It was actually really good.

These cupcakes are good with regular Cocoa Cinnamon Buttercreme and Salted Cocoa Cinnamon Buttercreme.

* also decided I don't like that piping tip. Will stick to my 1M and 2A.

No comments:

Post a Comment