Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Dannen O'Donnell Cupcakes


These were inspired by a character Kim created in her novel. I asked her if she were Dannen, what flavors would she like? The result was this monster. A chocolate cupcake with liquid salted caramel center topped with salted caramel buttercreme, crushed pretzels and salted caramel drizzle. Oh, the caramel was home made by the way. I used to hate making home made caramel but after a bit of practice, it comes out nice. I didn't add the buttercreme as the center because I thought it would be overwhelming. The caramel I did pour into the cupcake became absorbed by the cake. However it still worked. Will try next time to see if I can thicken it up.

Cut open. You can see the darker section inside the cupcake is where the caramel went. I wasn't so sure about the pretzels on the top but it really was good adding that crunch!

I hope to be making these again soon!

1 comment:

  1. OMG! These are so good!! Thank you SO MUCH for sending them to me <3

    ReplyDelete