Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Chocolate Cupcakes with Lindt Hazelnut Truffle Centers and Lindt Stracciatella Buttercreme




Ok so I made these to enter a contest Lindor Chocolates is holding this year. The object is to create a dessert using their chocolates. I couldn't pass up a cupcake with my favorite chocolate. I want to visit Switzerland just to go see where they make all this fabulous chocolate!

I'm distracted.......anyhow. This is a simple Devil's Food Cake base to which I folded in chopped up Lindt Milk Chocolate Truffles. After the cupcakes are out of the oven, I pressed a Lindt Hazelnut Truffle partway down the middle while it was still hot. This makes the truffle melt. While they cooled, I made a simple buttercreme base, melted about 12 stracciatella truffles (they melt very fast) and then poured the melted truffles into the buttercreme base and mixed. Once the cupcakes were cooled, I piped the Stracciatella buttercreme on top and shaved some Lindt Dark Chocolate on top.



They were VERY rich. But they were also VERY good. Quite an expensive cupcake to make as you might know the truffles aren't really cheap. The three bags of truffles alone was close to $12.00 for about 10 - 12 pieces each. But I had fun and maybe I'll have my recipe featured on their site and win that $100 gift card so I can have all that decadent Swiss lusciousness I want!

No comments:

Post a Comment