Monday, March 7, 2011

Mardi Gras / King Cake Cupcakes


I've always wanted to do a Mardi Gras cupcake but over the years I forget by the chance Fat Tuesday rolls around.

NOT THIS YEAR!

I took a King Cake recipe and basically made my own cupcake.  This is a vanilla / cinnamon based cupcake with a vanilla / cinnamon buttercream.  


The cupcake is filled with a pecan, brown sugar, raisin and chocolate chip crumble mix.  I couldn't resist the chocolate chips. 


The top of the cake is dusted with disco dust and sugar sprinkles in yellow, green and purple.  I had another little decoration to add to the top but alas, as someone once said "Ur such a klutz ;)" I dropped the wax paper with the chocolate masks on it....sighs.  Oh well.  Maybe next year??  :D

1 comment:

  1. I am loving your mardi gras King Cake. I shared this on my blog and it was very popular.

    Gretta Hewson
    San Antonio Personal Injury Lawyers

    ReplyDelete