Monday, February 28, 2011

White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cupcakes



I am a white chocolate macadamia nut cookie lover.  It is my most favorite cookie (besides Oreo).  So when my bestie suggested a cupcake with that flavor, I couldn't resist.

Because I wanted a stronger macadamia nut flavor, I bought macadamia nut oil.  And it was well worth it.

The cupcake is a vanilla base with chopped macadmia nuts and macadamia nut oil. I didn't want to use just a buttercream as the frosting, I wanted something that "stuck" more.  So I broke down and bought mascarpone.  I've been dieing to use it just haven't really had a recipe where I wanted to use it.  The frosting is a white chocolate mascarpone with a hint of macadamia nut oil.

.......omg.......


The frosting was so gooooooood.  It was so sweet without being oversweet.  Mascarpone I think is my new favorite ingredient.  It was light on the macadamia flavor but you could most certainly taste the melted white chocolate.  And the crushed macadamia nuts on the top gave it that extra YAY! factor.  I added white chocolate chips too!

This is definitely going on my menu.

No comments:

Post a Comment