Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Mint Choca Lotta Cupcakes


First off, no those are not grapes in the photo. They are mint maltballs from To The Moon Marketplace in Wilton Manors, FL. They are yum! They were also the inspiration for this cupcake! I hadn't done anything mint yet and I do like mint...especially with chocolate. And no, mint is not the same as peppermint...at least in my mind it isn't.

My sister wanted a new cupcake for her birthday so I set off to make these.

The Mint Choca Lotta (pronounced to the tune of Boom Chakka Lakka) is a chocolate cake with a mint maltball center, mint marshmallow buttercream and garnished with a Girl Scout Cookie Thin Mint.

As a friend of my sister's said

this beast is FANTASTIC! ♥ - Jenn MacDonald


They were really good!! Very rich!! The mint marshmallow buttercream was nice and light and not too minty.

I don't know how often I will be able to get ahold of the maltballs but I can replace the center with something minty chocolate for future needs!

What kinda cupcake would you like to see?

No comments:

Post a Comment