Monday, April 16, 2012

Amaretto Rum Cupcakes

I made these for my uncle's birthday since he's been mentioning I haven't given him a taste test yet!

This is a simple yellow cake that I added about 1/4 cup Capt Morgan to before baking and 1 1/2 teaspoon rum extract.


After I baked the cupcakes I soaked them with about 3 tablespoons of the rum.  The buttercream has about 1/4 cup DiSaronno in it.

I also created an amaretto syrup to top the cupcake but it was way too potent.  I think next time I will make the syrup and mix in the buttercream.



Syrup:
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup amaretto

cook until sugar is dissolved

I also toasted some almonds and tossed them with butter and sugar and put them on top of the cupcake.

They were really really good!  Definitely would make again and could make non-alcoholic.

No comments:

Post a Comment