Saturday, May 7, 2011

Russell Stover Coconut Cream Cupcakes - Mother's Day


This is definitely a seasonal item.  I could never find enough Russell Stover coconut cream eggs for this cupcake.  Luckily my mother, who LOVES RS coconut cream eggs, was able to find about 10 of them.  So this became the Mother's Day cupcake this year.


These came out absolutely amazing!  These cupcakes are a chocolate cake, stuffed with one half of a Russell Stover coconut cream egg (one half because a whole one was too big), topped with a coconut cream buttercream and coconut flakes.


Inside of the cupcake

I think I'll add this one as my first seasonal item.  While some of the Christmas time cupcakes also could be considered seasonal, they are also somewhat easy to replicate.  But you can't replicate these coconut cream eggs!  So seasonal this one is.  And they are so yummy!  A glass of milk or cup of coffee is definitely warranted!!

No comments:

Post a Comment