Friday, October 29, 2010

Pumpkin Pie in a Cupcake

OK so I DID make these. However thanks to the gods that be (sarcasm) the photos are no longer on my camera and the cupcakes are all gone. Sighs....

HOWEVER.....they were sooooooooooooo good. OMG were they good. I had to substitute the icing because I can't find Cinnamon Chips anywhere. I've seen them before but I'm thinking maybe they aren't out yet?? I made a simple Cinnamon Buttercreme that turned out really nice! Mom gave me the idea to actually make a cake with these flavors. That is definitely doable.

The recipe did take a very long time to do since I decided to make my own pie crust. So I had to make the pie crust, make the pumpkin pie (used Paula Deen's recipe and it WAS mouthwatering), cook it, make the cupcake batter, pour it into liners, add the pies and bake. Then make the buttercreme.

I think these are in need of a do over. I may introduce my southern family to these at Christmas time this year.

Next: Almond Dream Cupcakes

On Hold: Amnesia Sparklecakes (waiting for my sister)

Tinkerbell Cupcakes - I did make these but due to time constraints they did not come out as decorative as I wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment